The purposes of this Association shall be:
- To improve the oral health of the public
- To advance the art and science of dental hygiene
- To maintain the highest standards of dental hygiene and practice
- To represent and protect the interest of the
dental hygiene profession
- To improve the professional competence of the
- To foster research in oral health
- To conduct other activities as may be permitted by theState of New York to carry out the purposes of this Association.
- The activities of the Association shall be carried out in a manner consistent with the Principles of Ethics of American Dental Hygienists' Association.
Congratulations to Our Component Member NYU Graduate and WDHA
Student Award Winner Sharon Philipose!!
Some regulations restrict licensees to a certain percentage of self-study for continuing education requirements. In response to the evolving situation with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and for those licensees whose registrations are due to renew March 1, 2020 – January 1, 2023, the Department will grant an adjustment to all licensees to complete up to 100% of the continuing education as self-study, provided that it is taken from a Department-approved provider and is in an acceptable subject area for the specific profession.
Additionally, the Department will grant an adjustment to all licensees, regardless of registration renewal date, to utilize self-study for any coursework taken during the period from March 1, 2020 – January 1, 2023, provided that it is taken from a Department-approved provider and is in an acceptable subject area for the specific profession. Coursework taken outside that timeframe must meet the continuing education requirements in each individual profession’s laws and regulations.
NYSED is working closely with other New York State agencies and the Governor’s Office to tackle issues relating to COVID-19. Please continue to monitor the Department’s website for updated guidance. - Click Here
Welcome to the Official Web Site of the Westchester Dental Hygienists' Association Inc.
American Dental Hygienists' Association
Congrats to Standout Seven Award winner,
Susan P. Burzynski, RDH, MSEd, FAADH. In
addition to working full time as a clinical
hygienist, Susan writes articles for dental
hygiene magazines, serves as a Key Opinion
Leader for various dental companies, and
volunteers to provide dental hygiene services
to Veterans during the Give the Vets A Smile
clinic at University of NY at Buffalo.
Way to go, Susan!